Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fantasy spring break update

I’m having a blast on my fantasy spring break. I even managed to get a second emergency delivery of 100 gallons of heating oil, so I have another two weeks for Mother Nature to accommodate. By the way, for those of you who don’t deal with the harsh reality of fuel oil prices, my oil company’s current retail price is $4.199 a gallon. I don’t pay retail, but this figure gives some indication of the cruel bite of commodity inflation.

One of the books I have here for review is a highly unlikely candidate: The Crossley ID Guide, Eastern Birds. I read the blurb in the Princeton University Press catalogue and decided that traders might learn a lot from the way Crossley approaches bird identification. So while I continue my fantasy spring break, here’s a link to a short video about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment