Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Venkat & Baird, Liquidity Risk Management

A book announcement, not a review. I requested a copy of Liquidity Risk Management: A Practitioner’s Perspective edited by Shyam Venkat and Stephen Baird (Wiley, 2016) thinking that it might, at least in part, address the problem of liquidity risk as it affects investors. But this is first and foremost a banking book. And ever since, long ago, I spent a Sunday afternoon at an outing of boring New York bankers I have sworn off learning anything about banking, at least beyond what a reasonably well educated person is expected to know. Consequently, I am in no position to pass judgment on this book. My apologies to the multiple authors, each a partner or director in the PricewaterhouseCoopers Financial Services Advisory practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment