Saturday, October 13, 2012

Let’s expand our horizons

A host of publishers have banded together to lend digital galleys of forthcoming books to qualified reviewers. I have already taken advantage of this service to bring you reviews of the following titles: Who Stole the American Dream?, The Power of Habit, Makers, and Practice Perfect. Among the coming attractions are The Logician and the Engineer (How George Boole and Claude Shannon Created the Information Age), Mastery, and The Secret Financial Life of Food. I don’t review a book before its official publication date, so not all of the coming attractions are imminent.

This venture is a win-win for both publishers and readers. Since publishers don’t have to ship hard copies, they are more generous with their new releases. It gives them greater exposure for presumably much less money. And it means I can review books I think would (or should) be interesting to traders and investors even though few have financial keywords in their titles.

Naturally, it’s more work for me since I will also keep up my reviews of financial titles, but I like expanding my horizons and I trust you do as well. I promise no Harlequin romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment