Light Sunday fare, compliments of Julia Child (quotes collected on qotd.org).
• Everything in moderation, including moderation.
• Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper.
• If it's beautifully arranged on the plate, you know someone's fingers have been all over it.
• If you're afraid of butter, use cream.
• The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It's doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile. I think of my strawberry souffle. I did that at least twenty-eight times before I finally conquered it.
• The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.
• Life itself is the proper binge.