Sunday, September 27, 2009

A preview and a link

This coming week I’m going to begin a series of posts on crowds. I plan to start with Le Bon’s classic nineteenth century analysis, move on to a case study from MacKay’s book on the madness of crowds, and then look at notions about the wisdom of crowds. I’ve just put in an inter-library loan request for Scott Page’s book The Difference, so it might be a while before I finish the series. But I think it will yield some insights along the way.

For those of you who enjoy chart overlays here’s a link to the Moore Research Center's multi-year correlation studies of the DJIA index and the S&P 500 index. It appears among the subscription links on their site, but it is available at no charge. (I'm not sure why.) While you're at it you might want to check out the two "subscriber" links below the DJIA and S&P link under the heading "Correlations" and just above the "Free Links" box for a look at inter-market futures correlations and inter-market gold/silver correlations.

No comments:

Post a Comment